Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

6.0L Build Cam decision....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0L Build Cam decision....

I am building a 6.0L iron motor for a 1967 C2 Corvette. I would like help choosing the right cam for the car. I want a cam that is going to give the motor an old school sound. The car will have side pipes and I dont want it to sound like a modern motor under the hood. I do not have to have anything radical but would like to make a decent amount of torque without spinning the motor extremely high. I have the GMPP Hot cam in my C5 but have had a heck of a time with getting it properly tuned. Any thoughts on cams?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am fond of my Vengeance Racing stage 2 cam and it is well proven with a big, long, flat torque curve and nice noticable idle and doesn't need to rev too high. It will require tuning and can produce 400-470 rear wheel horsepower depending on your 6.0.

Just be aware that if you are using the newer L92 style heads, the cams that work well with these, will be different than ones that works well with cathedral port heads. The above mentioned cam is for the L92 style heads.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was going to go with a TSP cam with my gen IV intake/heads. (l92/ls3)

http://texas-speed.com/p-241-texas-s...-camshaft.aspx

videos I've heard of it sound good.

looks like it supports gen III and IV timing setups so you should be good there, it has 1 and 3 bolt options.

I was going to go with the 111 LSA.

my goal for the engine was daily driving/light hot rodding, so I wanted my power to be within range. this cam and a set of L92s supposedly made upper 400s WHP through an M6 here on the forums.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...o-results.html
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Similar cams with a wider LSA seem to make a lot more horsepower... 500RWHP numbers from the "spinmonster" cam are very common. His cam is almost the same, but with a wider LSA and a couple degrees of advance built into the cam. There's not a lot of information on his cam on this forum, but there's a LOT of info on the corvette forum. It may be worth doing some reading.

Quick Reply: 6.0L Build Cam decision....