Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

#7 bent spark plug electrode???whats wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default #7 bent spark plug electrode???whats wrong?

i was driving my car the other and when i pulled into a parking, my car started popping really bad...when i started looking into it i found that the number 7 cyl spark plug had a bent electrode with ONE tiny little nick on it. the nic is the size of the lead in a mechanical pencil. i put new plugs in, pulled the valve covers to check for bent valves, broken valve spring etc...all that seems normal and functions properly. i then started put everything back together and started it. at first everything seemed normal but once it warmed up a little bit, it had a very faint knocking noise...and some blow by from the oil cap/fil...other than that the motor is smooth and is normal...did i break a ringland on a piston or spin a bearing...ive heard bad ros bearings before and they were way louder..the knocking noise from cold started ls1's were louder than this...just looking for someone who's had simlar issues...i know i have to pull the head off and prob rebuild the bottom end...my oil pressure is great...mods are in my sig
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like it could be a busted up ring land.

Do a leak down and it should be pretty obvious if you can hear air coming out the oil cap.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a ring land. I'd pull the head, had the same thing happen to my last motor.

Quick Reply: #7 bent spark plug electrode???whats wrong?