Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Please help builders No Oil Up top!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help builders No Oil Up top!!

I own a 2006 gto and recently put new pistons rings and valve train cam and heads. I had no oil pressure. i pull the motor back out removed all plug and the oil pan. I packed the pump with a silicone grease I know that petroleum jelly is the ideal product to use I figured silicone grease would also be ok. I believe that silicone products are water soluble. I have oil pressure 55 psi!!!! I have no oil flowing to the top of my rockers and I assume that I have no oil pressure in my lifters my rockers are a little noisy no bad though i assume thats just from being oil starved not sure why i have no flow up top but I am very worried that the silicone grease that i used in the pump may be the cause of this..... can someone tell me if i am over reacting or if this silicone grease is clogging lifter passages and oil valleys in my engine?? Is this possible or again am I over reacting?
Forgot one other thing I also am using ls7 lifters I am pretty sure that you cannot install them wrong in an ls2 since they only can possibly go 2 directions right? does it matter what side the oil galleys are on? I was told no. I am fearing that this silicone grease is clogging everything like I said please let me know if I am over reacting.
If so how can I fix this??

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did you pack your oil pump with grease?? I guarantee it clogged all the small passages that the oil is suppose to travel threw to get to the valvetrain....
Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroz28lt1at
Why did you pack your oil pump with grease?? I guarantee it clogged all the small passages that the oil is suppose to travel threw to get to the valvetrain....

This is either the stupidest OP or the best troll ever. I'm undecided. In b4 the epic.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camaroz28lt1at
Old school trick to help prime the pump is to pack it with petroleum jelly. Just did it myself when I installed my new cam.

Problem is, the keyword is "petroleum" jelly...not silicone. I suspect OP is for real and up **** creek without a paddle.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

I understand the petroleum jelly trick but the "silicone grease" just wasnt smart at all...
Old 11-08-2011, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok for starters I never install a new or original oil pump with out tearing it down cleaning it thoroughly, making sure the relief valve is nice and free and packing it with clevite engine assembly lube (the red stuff). Every car has always had oil pressure within 3-5 seconds of starting.

Secondly silicone grease was a dumb idea but it is grease it should push through.

Did u install everything correctly, use the right head gaskets? Are your pushrods clean through the centre.

Do these checks let us know how you go
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke

This is either the stupidest OP or the best troll ever. I'm undecided. In b4 the epic.
^^^LMAO^^^
your sir are mean.

The OP hope your build is not damaged but it will need to come out again in my opinion.