Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Bearing for LS3 Racing engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing for LS3 Racing engine

Hi everyone!
I am looking for some details about recommended bearings for LS3 engine, that is high performance and used in racing. The thing is, that there are a loot of different rod bearing types.

For Main journal bearings, I was looking at:
Callies Performance MS2199HC-STD - Callies Coated Main Bearings Which is as far as I know good bearings. If someone has a other idea, please advice.

For Cam bearings I was looking at:
Dura-Bond CHP-23 - Dura-Bond High Performance Cam Bearings, But has anyone other suggestions?

For rod bearings, I have no clue. The crankshaft should be standard/origional as should the main rods. So it should have 0 in over and undersize. But I am not sure about the options for Camfered bearings and dowel pin hole.
I know dowel pin hole is used to prevent slipping of the bearing, but I am unsure if it is already in place in my engine on the rods. And if it is not, how hard is it to make it? or do I need to change the rods?
If anyone could give me some tips on bearings to use, please tell me.

Other things I also was wondering about, is Head Gaskets. Should I use GMPP Composite gasket or Multilayer steel like this one: Cometic H1518SP9051S - Cometic Head Gaskets

Any tips and help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Bearing for LS3 Racing engine