Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS1 to LS2 PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 to LS2 PCM Question

Hey guys,

I've been searching this forum for a while trying to find this answer with no luck. I came across an 06 GTO/T56 setup which comes with the wiring harness and ecu. There is a load of information if I were to use my current LS1 ecu/pcm (whatever its called). My question is will I be able to use the LS2 ecu in fbody? Specifically, this swap would be going into an 01 Z28 A4. Thanks in advance for any input.

Erich
Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No need to change your PCM, you'll need a few things to run the Ls2 in your fbody.

You'll need your ls1 knock sensors bolted to the sides of the Ls2, you'll need a cam and knock sensor extension kit do you can connect the old cam sensor to the new front cam sensor ( just be careful because many wires are crossed during assembly meaning where one pin is on one side it some how ends up on the other side at the opposite end and your car will not start!) Caspers has them iirc abd I think so does racetronix. You'll also need a 58x crank reluctor converter that LPE sells because your PCM reads only a 24x crank reluctor wheel depending on your year Ls2 I think they switched over in 06 iirc?

That's what comes outta the top of head right now. It's not hard stuff pretty basic stuff.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, cool. Thanks for the response. Doesnt sound too bad at all, just a little extra $$$ but not a big deal. This setup that I will potentially purchase comes with the LS2 pcm already. So instead of getting those extra components can I simply swap the pcm's since i will already have it? It comes with the wiring harness as well.

Quick Reply: LS1 to LS2 PCM Question