Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L76 Stalled out, and now problems!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L76 Stalled out, and now problems!

So, I was driving my G8 to Walmart yesterday, and when I pulled into the parking spot, I rolled up the windows, turned on the A/C and it died. After a whole bunch of jump attempts, a new battery, I had it towed home. This morning I jumped it straight to the battery from our truck and it cranked up. Now the check oil light comes on, and there is a shitload of valvetrain noise that wasn't there before. I hooked up my computer and ran a scan with HP tuners and oil pressure was 0. I've had the cam in it with all the DOD delete hardware for about 3,000 miles with no issues. The only thing I have done since then is switch to Long tubes. I'm thinking its the oil pump, we did reuse the factory one. I just don't see how it could go "all of a sudden." My plan is to drain the oil tomorrow and and check for metal, and hopefully find none! After that try and get a new oil pump in and see what happens. If any one has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks.

The cam specs are .597/.605 222/226 114+2, 7.425 pushrods, Pac .650 dual springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 chain and tensioner.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I got the oil drained and filter removed, and everything looked normal. So, my plan is to go ahead and get an oil pump on order and hopefully be able to install it this weekend.

Quick Reply: L76 Stalled out, and now problems!