Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Searching for a cam......

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for a cam......

I have an L76 out of an 08 GMC pick up. I am deleting the DOD and the VVT. I have tried to search for other people on here doing cam swaps and haven't found much. The engine is going into a 92 Z28 Camaro with a 6 speed behind it. I am going to mostly going to be using it for the usual cruising around with the occasional autocross or trip down the drag strip. I am shooting for 430 hp to the ground. I already have an LS3 intake for it and will be running long tube headers.

What would you guys suggest for a cam. I plan on calling Texas speed on Monday but would like to hear some ideas in the mean time. Is there anything I should be aware of with this engine and my plans for it? This is my first LS build. I don't plan on doing much to the engine other than the deletes, cam and valve springs if needed. The engine only has 4,xxx miles on it.

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:59 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would recommend you look into our 229/236 LS3 cam. It was designed to work with the 6.2l heads you have and I think it will match up well with what you are looking to do. With the weight of the car and the broad power band of the cam, road racing and street cruising should be pretty easy. Give us a call, but that is the first one I would look at.

Here is a link to the cam:
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-241-tex...-camshaft.aspx
Old 09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good. I'll call tomarrow and get more info on it along with the DOD and VVT delete kits that you offer.

Quick Reply: Searching for a cam......