Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28:

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its gonna be a great car, no doubt, but at that price I would rather go with a ZL1 or a C6 Z06 IMO. Cant judge the car though, could be a blast to drive and good to handle.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's going to be a great car 3 sec. faster than ZL1 around a road course.In Houston you would need to have the A/C. For some one who can or could afford this car you already know what's going to happen next.......... bolt-on's!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
Ever held a modern airbag? Not nearly as heavy as you would think.

ZL1 will be a better ride - its magnetic ride control says say.

Considerably less hp - maybe by the factory ratings but everyone knows the LS7 is a beast. Also, any real road racer knows that superchargers = heat. Heat robs power.

NA is the way to go.

Now, about those tail lights...

I was more referring to the system, no so much just the bag. The impact sensors, wiring, actuation system etc. Not to mention, newer cars have them not only in the dash, but in the door and the side pillars. All that weight adds up. Why do you think new cars weigh so much more than their classic relative when the newer car are mostly plastic with aluminum engines? Common sense would tell you an iron engine-steel car would weigh more, but that's not the case. All the additions in electronics and safety equipment adds up.

Quick Reply: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28: