Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LMG Cam Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMG Cam Suggestions

Hey LS gang, I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to post. I have a LMG 5.3 in my '11 crew cab 1500 4x4 that I'm ready to do some work on. I kick my self every day for not buying a 6.2, but, my truck is 2 years old, paid for, and I love it otherwise. I want to mess around with it a little and try to make some more power but I'm not super familiar with these engines. Right now I have a Volant cold air, MBRP cat back, a Road Pirate ported TB, and it's been tuned by Justune in KC. I'm happy with it over stock performance, but it needs more grunt. I want to do a cam swap, but as of right now I don't want to spend the money to delete the DOD hard parts. I also am not quite ready to put a stall in it. So I need to figure out what the best cam option is for me. I tow from time to time, so low end torque is important. I thought about an intake upgrade, but it seems most people are of the opinion the stock truck intake is pretty good. If a FAST intake is "worth" the money, then I'll go that direction. I also plan to regear to 3.73's from 3.42s, and I am going to do long tubes with an off road Y. What should I do?

Quick Reply: LMG Cam Suggestions