Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

pushrod question for valvatrain gurus -LS3

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pushrod question for valvatrain gurus -LS3

Hi, I realized there are a lot of posts regarding the stock height differences between oem and aftermarket pushrods height. Typically from what Ive read, the stock oem pushrods vary from 7.38 to 7.40. This is where my question comes from as I have a set of aftermarket 7.40 pushrods that I would like to use on my otherwise stock engine. I've read of folks that bent the oem pushrods by a missed shift and I want to prevent that and keep the valvetrain as stable as possible. Along with the pushrods I want to upgrade the rocker arms with the comp cams trunion upgrade. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like you're using a stock cam, in that case the 7.400" pushrod may be a little long for your application because of the larger base circle of the stock cam. It's always best to measure for pushrod length, but after measuring I'm guessing your pushrod length will fall in the range of 7.375-7.385 (with a stock cam).

We can help you out with the trunion upgrade, we can provide you the kit and/or do the install for you, if needed.

Trunion Upgrade Kit:
http://ballisticspeedparts.com/shop/...trunnion-kits/

Trunion Upgrade Install Service:
http://ballisticspeedparts.com/truni...ation-service/

Hope that helps!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ryan@BallisticSpeedParts
Sounds like you're using a stock cam, in that case the 7.400" pushrod may be a little long for your application because of the larger base circle of the stock cam. It's always best to measure for pushrod length, but after measuring I'm guessing your pushrod length will fall in the range of 7.375-7.385 (with a stock cam).

We can help you out with the trunion upgrade.

Hope that helps!
I was hopping that I could just install the 7.40s with the stock cam and call it good. I just want maintain valvetrain stability the best I can. I know, I don't run in any class that requires any kind of stuff like running stock cam but I want my engine to run at its best.

I did purchase the trunion upgrade already and I'll be installing them once I get some downtime. Thanks for the explanation and offer for the trunion kit.

Quick Reply: pushrod question for valvatrain gurus -LS3