Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Gen IV iron block, skirt oilers, unknown casting ##. What do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Gen IV iron block, skirt oilers, unknown casting ##. What do I have?

This block has been passed around Wichita and now I have it, previous owner tried to decode it here, with no luck. It's a little dinged up, but bores measure OK. The casting number doesn't come up anywhere, 12610679AA. Looks like any other gen IV iron block except it has skirt oilers like an LSA/LS9 (and the font is different on all the cast numbers). They don't really look like the katech squirters. Does GM have some ultra heavy duty iron block application that used them? Or is it possible that the first attempts at LSA/LS9 were in iron blocks? Prototype fodder?? (there are 3 other sets of numbers hand scribed on this block). I have a set of early LS9 heads that are an odd casting number and end with AA also, coincidence??

Anyway, I'm planning a 4" stroke build and google search says the OE oilers won't clear extra stroke stuff, so this dude is getting replaced. Just curious if anyone has some knowledge about iron block 6.0L with skirt oilers so I can speak more intelligently when I go to sell this one.

Here are the LSA version of the oilers. Picture is huge, so I'll just post the link here.

And here are the hand etched numbers I talked about

This one is almost the casting number.. 12610677AC

Any insight, please feel free to share.
TJ
Old 11-29-2013, 08:56 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

I've seen one of these a few years ago. Never did find out what it went to. I built a 408 out of it, and removed the oilers and just used set screws with thread sealer.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a prototype block that never made it to production. Should be fine to use.

Quick Reply: Gen IV iron block, skirt oilers, unknown casting ##. What do I have?