Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ls2 with harrop 122 charger fitted

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls2 with harrop 122 charger fitted

Hello people.

I'm located in Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

Have a Holden HSV R8 (2007 Wortec Carbon Edition). It's got a 6.0 LS2 fitted with a Harrop 122 supercharger. Running around 640bhp.

Would like to find out more about the engine, so figured here is a good place to start!

Think there is a noticeable noise coming from the rockers / rocker shafts. The vehicle has covered around 82,000 miles. I've owned it for a few months now and it's all been fine (besides developing this noise over the last week or so).
A good family friend who has worked on all sorts of high performance motors over the years will be taking a look next week. He's advised me to look into sourcing some new rockers / rocker shafts. I've had a look round and found the high ratio SLP rockers. These can be bought in the UK for around £650, or imported from the USA for around £370. I'll know next week if I'll need to buy these or try and find some standard rockers somewhere else.

A quick question I have is can you fit LS3 / LS7 heads straight onto this engine and if so, what other bits would need changing? Is the fact is Supercharged going to matter?

PLEASE forgive my ignorance, I'm fairly new to all this! I do learn quickly though.

Thanks in advance!

Bob
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More than likely your rockers are fine. You probably have a lifter that is starting to go out on you. Just dont replace your lifters with LS7's they have been having a bad reputation with failing.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redrocketSS
More than likely your rockers are fine. You probably have a lifter that is starting to go out on you. Just dont replace your lifters with LS7's they have been having a bad reputation with failing.
If I upload a video will that give you a better idea to base an opinion on? I'd just like to get it sorted asap as driving the van everywhere is depressing!

Where is a good place to buy lifters? It's not too easy getting parts in the UK so would probably need somewhere in the USA that will ship to the United Kingdom.

Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Teching In

A video may help but sometimes its hard to tell.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

LS3 heads will fit the block, however inlet manifold/base of the blower will need to be changed as the ports are different shapes.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Teching In

Ok,

I've removed the rocker cover to find a 'wobbly' rocker. Swapped it for a new one and still having the same issues. It must be a lifter as the spring seems ok.

Does a lifter going on its way out cause any other damage or harm to the block / other parts?

Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trendkill88
Ok,

I've removed the rocker cover to find a 'wobbly' rocker. Swapped it for a new one and still having the same issues. It must be a lifter as the spring seems ok.

Does a lifter going on its way out cause any other damage or harm to the block / other parts?

Thanks again!
It depends if the lifter fragmented (broke apart) or not. If it did and sent fragments through the engine, then yes you will likely have internal damage. If it did not, you'll still want to inspect your cam and other lifters to ensure that all are serviceable.

Quick Reply: Ls2 with harrop 122 charger fitted