Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help with ideas for an engine build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with ideas for an engine build

Hello all. I bought a 2002 camaro SS hard top with the A4 in it. I bought it with low compression on one of the cylinders ( I knew this in advance) and it looks like a warped head or something with one of the pistons. This is neither here no there because I'd like a new motor.

I used the search but alot of information was outdated or not what I was looking for.

I'm looking for 550-575 rwhp through a built 4l80 and probably a 9" or 12 bolt. This of course includes associated mods (long tubes, intake, fast, ported tb etc). This will be a weekend warrior and very frequent street car with full a/c, power everything etc.

I'm leaning away from GM crate engines because of the lack of bang for the buck and am leaning towards a built ls2 or ls3 motor. I don't want FI or nitrous (maybe a small shot later for fun, but no plans), looking for an all NA build. I want to stay aluminum too.

Any suggestions on builders or combinations. I'm fairly open on pricing, but want to stay around or under the gm crate motor pricing (ls7 crate that is). Thanks everyone

Last edited by Abomination; 03-26-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help with ideas for an engine build