Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

FAST LSXR MAP Plug

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default FAST LSXR MAP Plug

I got a used LSXR intake and the MAP sensor location on the back has already been drilled but I want to use the front location. Any ideas on how to plug it? Is there a block off plate out there?

If you have pics on how to do it that would help a lot. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can either use epoxy to seal it shut or drill it out and use an NPT plug. You could also get a bushing made for it and epoxy it in.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds about right. I was thinking about resale value but ill probably keep it forever lol. If I do sell it one day someone will just have to use the front map location. thanks, i'll plug with NPT.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro
Sounds about right. I was thinking about resale value but ill probably keep it forever lol. If I do sell it one day someone will just have to use the front map location. thanks, i'll plug with NPT.
I actually just bought a Fast 102mm and had to tap almost all the ports. I use AN or air push lock fittings on every line besides the brake boost line. Let's just say I spent nearly 4 hours drilling, grinding, and tapping my new manifold. I also needed to clearance it for "fat" injectors. I was sweating bullets at some points lol.

The problem with that port back there is it sticks out and is very thin. You'll need to grind the extension off and actually get to the base of the plastic. I do believe a 1/4 NPT is what you'll need along with teflon tape. If that scares you, go buy a dowel pin and epoxy it in.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not scared lol.

I was thinking bout plugging it with a old map but don't want it to hit the firewall and break somehow. I know exactly what you are talking about, ill probably do it too. Thanks.

Quick Reply: FAST LSXR MAP Plug