Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Timing chain? for 58x and timing cover fitting

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 08:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing chain? for 58x and timing cover fitting

I have a 6.0 aluminum engine with 58x reluctor wheel and I bought a Lingenfelter conversion box to go from 58x to 24x signal. Now when I saw my engine at the shop I think they have the wrong chain on and maybe the wrong cover? First what made me notice is the cover would hit the chain in a small spot. Its a boss that with a little grinding can be made to work. Its 12600326 with grey sensor cover. I have the 3 bolt cam and 3 bolt chain but it looks like a 1x and I think I need a 4x if that makes sense from what I'm reading here. any info would be appreciated. Just want to make sure before i go back to the shop and ask them to check.
Attached Thumbnails Timing chain? for 58x and timing cover fitting-timing-chain.jpg   Timing chain? for 58x and timing cover fitting-cover.jpg   Timing chain? for 58x and timing cover fitting-clearance.jpg  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

since you have a double roller chain you need the oil pump spacers and the front cover needs some clearancing....

So grind.... put some ink on the areas you feel are touching.... rotate motor... see where it contacts... remove more material... continue the process until its right.

Quick Reply: Timing chain? for 58x and timing cover fitting