Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LLsr heads & cam stk blk e85 ls3 build... Update Dyno#s 560.5 W hp and 575.3 W Torque

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
So what now? How about posting the graph with the locked converter?

Auto cars don't run around with locked converter but will post the dyno graph if you post your build graph with SAE numbers like I did.
All the details of my builds are in my sig, graphs included, but I don't remember if they're SAE or STD. It's got a clutch so no torque spikes here...
Old 11-30-2015, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm sorry, I guess the implications weren't clear enough for you guys.

He posted the just the peak numbers and you posted what looks like a cell phone pic of half of a Dyno graph. I think most of us recognized the false peak torque numbers posted by CAMSTER, but the first person to speak up is called a thief...or was it a turducken? I dunno, anyways meanwhile CAMSTER says...

So no, it's not that you guys are sharing every detail and people just don't understand what they see. It's just the opposite. You posted inflated torque numbers (caused by the manifold and TB, right?) and only part of a graph and people here picked up on it.

So what now? How about posting the graph with the locked converter?

Also, I have to ask you to change your sig pic as well. Having your web address in it is against our Non-Sponsor Soliciting Policy.
False torque? LMFAO, your trolling now. So people who shorten their gear ratio are just doing it for a fake feeling of more torque? Are there no benefits? So because you have a manual box and don't benefit from having a quality stalled converter, anyone who does, is doing so just for inflating their numbers? I think not.

Lets end this real quick. That torque you see there is what will translate to the asphalt or concrete surface when the car is accelerated under full throttle and that lovely Yank converter flashes and grabs all that lovely horsepower and torque this badass engine makes. SO, we all agree that that torque reading is cause of the converter. And we all agree that's the benefit of having a stalled auto.

SOOOOOOO, what you skeptics are trying to say is that the engine doesn't make that torque that low? Agreed, with the converter lock that flash effect is diminished.
So whats your point? All you nay sayers should have posted: "wow those torque numbers are great, you are benefitting from a stalled auto, what torque does the car make with the converter locked all the way through?" And you would have received that info. Much better approach wouldn't you way so?

Cliff note:
Cars with stalled auto show more torque on the dyno if not locked.
The torque numbers are lower if the converter is locked all the way through.
The high torque number is the effect of the converter flashing, and it will be the same on the street.
The engine itself doesn't make that torque. BUT, the cars setup translates to the torque.

Now what?

Camster's english writing/typing isn't clear sometimes. He did post that with the converter locked, the torque spike is gone. he mentioned the power coming on earlier than expected is because of the short runners. not the torque spike cause of the short runners. He didn't quite mention it correctly.

Now what?

Is this the highest HP Heads and cam LS3? I think so.....
Old 12-01-2015, 12:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I mean, I got 630rwhp through a 4l80 out of 429 inches, but it made less TQ then that silly sbe ls3 is claiming, as did your miracle motor the tooner bothered to post.

The numbers are wrong, period.

Cliff note: If that # was a converter spike, it wouldn't make those numbers on the big end.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:38 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by xBoostx
False torque? LMFAO, your trolling now. So people who shorten their gear ratio are just doing it for a fake feeling of more torque? Are there no benefits? So because you have a manual box and don't benefit from having a quality stalled converter, anyone who does, is doing so just for inflating their numbers? I think not.

Lets end this real quick. That torque you see there is what will translate to the asphalt or concrete surface when the car is accelerated under full throttle and that lovely Yank converter flashes and grabs all that lovely horsepower and torque this badass engine makes. SO, we all agree that that torque reading is cause of the converter. And we all agree that's the benefit of having a stalled auto.

SOOOOOOO, what you skeptics are trying to say is that the engine doesn't make that torque that low? Agreed, with the converter lock that flash effect is diminished.
So whats your point? All you nay sayers should have posted: "wow those torque numbers are great, you are benefitting from a stalled auto, what torque does the car make with the converter locked all the way through?" And you would have received that info. Much better approach wouldn't you way so?

Cliff note:
Cars with stalled auto show more torque on the dyno if not locked.
The torque numbers are lower if the converter is locked all the way through.
The high torque number is the effect of the converter flashing, and it will be the same on the street.
The engine itself doesn't make that torque. BUT, the cars setup translates to the torque.

Now what?

Camster's english writing/typing isn't clear sometimes. He did post that with the converter locked, the torque spike is gone. he mentioned the power coming on earlier than expected is because of the short runners. not the torque spike cause of the short runners. He didn't quite mention it correctly.

Now what?

Is this the highest HP Heads and cam LS3? I think so.....
Yes false torque, because that's caused by the converter. Same as if you dyno the car with the transmission in a gear other than 1:1, regardless if that is how it "translates to the asphalt". It's not comparable to other results, which is important if you want to claim the "highest power Heads/Cam LS3" if you're into that sort of thing.

Acknowledging that early on and him posting only the peak numbers , including "calculated" flywheel numbers is why you and your customer CAMSTER got the response you did. Calling Diet Coke the thief probably didn't help either, but again, that was your customer's doing. Maybe if you came in to speak for him a little earlier, you would have gotten the sugar coated responses you were looking for. However, this is the internet and when you post things like that, you're subject to criticism and praise.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did not call diet coke a thief it was just a general inspirational post curious you were the only one offended.

I invited any one to comment and so diet coke is too welcome as well we had the skin depth gauge out to good use and he clearly brings out the best in me and I can appreciate that and I'm sure you do too Oh by the way do imagine he appreciate ?our a&& kissing.

clearly I gave fair warning on post 30 that many would not be ready for those numbers which i should have sugar coated as a lollipop to ease someone's embarrassment while playing it's own game.

So did i cheat? of course not I assure you I do it all with the greater part of my brain tied behind my back out of the goodness of my heart just to make it fair.
Wow. You really are full of yourself aren't you?
Old 12-04-2015, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

This thread went to hell quickly. Too bad. It started out good.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Wow. You really are full of yourself aren't you?
.wow.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Take it to the track. The track don't lie. That's the only way to back up your claims. I'm an optimist, but I don't believe your numbers either. I'm not saying you're lying, but it's just not possible...
Old 12-05-2015, 06:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

So you in hell? the arsonist lit a fire here they don't know what to do with to me is fun I promise to put the fire out shortly, fair warning skeptics i will hear from you...
Cam,
I'm glad you''l fix this thread. LOL. I always liked your threads ALOT. You really seem to know your ****. Just trying to learn like alot of others.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
Cam,
I'm glad you''l fix this thread. LOL. I always liked your threads ALOT. You really seem to know your ****. Just trying to learn like alot of others.
Thanks for your kind words Jimbo they as welcome as a glass of cold water in a hot desert afternoon.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know who let this cat out of the bag but was found on youtube.

Note the converter locking at wide open throttle.

YouTube
video is private
Old 04-06-2016, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Hope this works now....

Still have no idea who picked up this video and posted on you-tube what seems like a gear change was torq converter been locked at 100 mph.

The pull is from 76 mph to 178.

Last edited by CAMSTER; 04-07-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sooooo.....

What did it make?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is on post 17
Old 04-07-2016, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dyno plot looks typical of big convertor ls cars. Happened to me a few times

Nice vette btw!
Old 04-07-2016, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dogsballs
The dyno plot looks typical of big convertor ls cars. Happened to me a few times

Nice vette btw!
Is a 12 lbs lighter than factory, 3,400 stall power adder converter drives very tight on the street instrumental for early torque.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

From a 25 mph roll true two gear changes Nitto nto5r 345 / 30 / 19

Runs straight.

Quick Reply: LLsr heads & cam stk blk e85 ls3 build... Update Dyno#s 560.5 W hp and 575.3 W Torque