Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

DOD delete on my G8

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOD delete on my G8

I am planning on a DOD delete on my G8. I have most the parts from work already. Looking for input on cam, valve springs, pushrods, lifters and valves.
I have LS3 hollow valves, should I keep stock exhaust or go with something else?
Not sure what cam spec to go with, looking for something that is not going to shake me out the car.
I have LS7 lifters but not sure if these are the best to use.
I have bronze trunion
If I can swing it I would like to get a 3 way valve job on my heads
I have a ZL1 torque converter but thinking of maybe something else with a higher stall?
I drive the car few days during the week only 16 miles round trip to work and drive it on weekends. I would like to car to be a fun street car and later down the road get an LSA supercharger installed.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would look at this to start your thought process:

http://store.cammotion.com/torque-titan-ls-camshaft

Would do fine with stock LS3 valves, LS7 lifters, and that torque converter. Likely still run pretty well with that eventual blower. Keep in mind though that there is no cam that is optimized for naturally aspirated and also optimized for a supercharger. Plenty in between that will run very well in both scenarios though.

The folks at Cam Motion answer the phone and answers to your questions are free. Consider giving them a call.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you

Quick Reply: DOD delete on my G8