Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

cam question/dead miss question/lifter question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam question/dead miss question/lifter question

Lots of questions from a Newbie . .

Have an LS2 that has bolt ons only and was tuned by Fasterproms. Car made 392 via dynojet and was/is great. About 15,000 miles later the car has a miss at about 6200 which is where I shift BUT only in 1st and 2nd, not in third or fourth. Hmm.

Hp tuner data logging tells us it is not fuel or timing and I replaced the plugs (twice) and the wires. My 62 yr old guts are telling me it is a lifter, spring or pushrod because ONE time I started it and it clacked like hell for about 45 seconds. The clacking leads me to believe that I have a lifter going south. Any comments on this part.

Next: will C6, ZO6 lifters fit into an LS2? Can I use the same pushrods?

Lastly and I realize that all have personal preferences. I am considering a cam change and this is a daily driver. I am going to use either a Bullet or Erson cam. I am thinking I don't want to go over about 6400 for peak power and the specs I am going to ask for are 222/230 w 113 degree LSA and a valve lift of .578 on both sides, remember this is a daily driver. And yes, i will use a proper double spring kit too. Comments here are appreciated too. I know of some bigger and smaller cams and all seem to work but obviously not the same

OK - - all comments appreciated.

thanks a lot.

Check me out at www.stbarinc.com

I race too - - just not the Vette.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dead(ly) Miss

Check your valve springs.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a spring tester for a BBC and it won't fit the SBC: get this, the dealer doesn't have a spring tester either.

Latest is they are going to give me a VDR to try to capture the event to see if they can simply identify a cylinder; if so, they will probably change the valve springs on that cylinder.

I think it is a lifter as ONE time I started it and it clacked like hell.

If no rain tomorrow I will go borrow the VDR and take it for a recording . . hopefully that is.