Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Block talk!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block talk!

I have been doign anlot of reaserch over the past two weeks on here and I havent really seen much mention on how storng the factory LS7 block is.... I am looking at building a 427 with probably the TF245's and then some boost. I think somewhere around the 10-15 psi rang would give a decent amount of power. but im not sure how well the factory block holds up to that amount of power. The compression ratio wll be close to 9:1 on the hier side of 9 tho. so I imagine there will be 700-800 hp form this setup. if not then boost isnt a problem to get it there. Im just wondering guys if there is a good strong aluminum block that is capable of holding more then say 1200HP if i dicide to go farther with this set up in the future. I hear of 346's macking in upwards of 800-900 hp with a procharger, rod and pistons a set of heads and whamO a bunch of power so I know its possible. I just want something streetable as wel bigger cubes makes that alot more attainable. let me knwo what your thoughts are on blocks out there and prices maybe too thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Collections Removal

Warhawk was built for the conditions you describe. Water jacket area surrounds cylinder case. Compare to any other aluminum or iron choices.

Further info on both of our sites.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Launching!

nice pieces of work but I havent been able to find anything around my area Ontario Canada to get these and shipping and handleing charges rack these things up to around 8000 dollars when a stock ls7 block will hold how much power?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are asking about serious long term longevitiy Not many aluminum block engines with factory blocks seem to live at over 800hp for long periods of time. they will not be 50k mileage motors. 600-700 seems to be the uppder limit of longevity. I would go with the World block if you want something trobuel free. I also don't think it'll cost $8k either.the current exchange rate is pretty close to 1:1 right now.

Obviously someone will pop in here and dispute this but having seen quiet a few of those higher output motors torn down they are definately flexing and moving around alot.

Originally Posted by bifster
I have been doign anlot of reaserch over the past two weeks on here and I havent really seen much mention on how storng the factory LS7 block is.... I am looking at building a 427 with probably the TF245's and then some boost. I think somewhere around the 10-15 psi rang would give a decent amount of power. but im not sure how well the factory block holds up to that amount of power. The compression ratio wll be close to 9:1 on the hier side of 9 tho. so I imagine there will be 700-800 hp form this setup. if not then boost isnt a problem to get it there. Im just wondering guys if there is a good strong aluminum block that is capable of holding more then say 1200HP if i dicide to go farther with this set up in the future. I hear of 346's macking in upwards of 800-900 hp with a procharger, rod and pistons a set of heads and whamO a bunch of power so I know its possible. I just want something streetable as wel bigger cubes makes that alot more attainable. let me knwo what your thoughts are on blocks out there and prices maybe too thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Collections Removal

Originally Posted by bifster
nice pieces of work but I havent been able to find anything around my area Ontario Canada to get these and shipping and handleing charges rack these things up to around 8000 dollars when a stock ls7 block will hold how much power?
World products has two dealers in the Ontario area whom you can contact for accurate price info: Brant Performance and ERI Buying Group. They're listed on the Dealer Locator on our site.

ERI Group 50 Anderson Avenue Unit 11 Markham, Ontario L6E 1A6 905-472-8170 905-472-8171

Brant Performance 108 Bethel Church Road Lynden, Ontario L0R 1T0
519-647-2568 519-647-3637
Old 09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Launching!

awsome thansk guys and sorry for the nubby liek questions just building dependable without money as normal. YES i know you cant do it but id like to think so hahaha

Quick Reply: Block talk!