Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 factory oil pump port work, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 factory oil pump port work, anyone?

MTI has been doing this on their extreme velocity 454 packages. Checked SLP, but I didn't come up with anything or anyone listing this as a mod like the LS1/6 pumps. Anyone know of someone doing this work?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

guess I'm in the minority for now, No room for an aftermarket pump w/ A/C so I'll keep searching. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a brand new one at home in the GM packaging still...I can take it apart this weekend and take a look at it. Can you let me know if you find out anything useful to do?

I've heard that with the DoD wet sump pumps if you're not careful and not carrying enough oil you can suck the sump dry at high RPM...but I guess that'd be a non issue with a dry sump pump if the tank has enough capacity...I don't want to run the GM tank though (won't fit well)...I'm probably going to get a Moroso or Stef's tank...or make my own.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

I do and don't believe the High RPM statement. 1) I only plan on spinnign the motor to 7.5K but I'll keep it there for a while road racing. The stock tank is 2 gallons ( 8 quarts) from what I understand. This seems to be on the small end of the scale for whats available aftermarket. My buddy runs his C6Z06 to 8K all the time but he street/drag races.

I'll be going with a 2-2.5 gal peterson tank in my car as I plan on running an aftermarket cooler and remote oil filter....

From what I've read and learned the stock tank is the weekest link follwed by pan then pump.

Quick Reply: LS7 factory oil pump port work, anyone?