Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

been a while

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default been a while

whats up fellas? ive been gone for a while and im in sort of a dilemma. i used to live on this site but i decided to join the usaf and now im more busy than ive ever been. i need some advice i live in VA but im stationed in sumter SC. i have a 98 z28 in immaculate condition for its age and only one spot of rust on the frame arctic white auto almost stock except for suspension magnaflow catback strut brace and slp lid its about to turn over 90k and i havent had any trouble with it im the second owner and just put ac/serpentine belt and idle pulley on it yesterday. before i went in the military i just drove it around town not even puttin 3k miles a year now from driving back and forth from home and to radford to see my buddies its anywhere from 400-600 miles round trip. i feel like this car has so much potential but its getting up there with age and miles im wondering if i should let it go as much as it hurts. im looking at z71 silverados and i could get pretty good deals and i think i could get more use out of a truck. i need some honest opinions even though this is a LSx site. and no i cant keep the camaro and buy a truck. i just need some suggestions. sorry this **** is so long.

secondly, if i were to keep the camaro is tomzwheels still the best place to buy TT2's? lol
Old 10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a tough one...you're right about its potential....but with its mileage, if you plan on really working on it and beating the hell out of it you may want to get a younger model...just like in women lol....if you drive the older one hard its liable to putter out on you or nickel and dime you and eat up a ton of your time...i say sell it now while its still in great sellable condition and pick up something else with less miles and more life left...IMHO