Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Been lurking for a few hours now...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been lurking for a few hours now...

And thought id say hello, ive heard good things about this site, and known this is the place to go for modern engines.

My names ryan, im 18, and im an addict. (crowd says "Hi ryan") most peoples first cars were hondas and toyotas, my first car was a 1970 chevelle 2 door, 307 2bbl automatic 3.08 pegleg, 625 initial purchase cost (400 for the car, 225 for the title from a divorced couple), and it is just laying on the side now. Then i got my 77 c10, witch im still daily driving nearly 3 years later. My main project right now is my 1980 camaro, completely rust free, and pretty much bone stock, and how its been for the last two years of me owning it. 305 4v (biggest engine nonz28 you could get for 1980), berlinetta package (power windows, ac, cruise, tilt, am/fm cassette with dual rear speakers) Gold with black interior. Ive only added draglites and some true dual exhaust so far.

Lately ive caught a bug... ive been thinking about doing either a 5.3 or 6.0 swap, accompanied with a tremec tko 600. Im going to start another thread about how i should build this motor (im thinking a twin turbo setup would be fun for a street car).

To put it on the light side, between me and my old man we have around 150 cars, granted they are not all show cars, but the ones in the garage are pretty nice, including 3 low mileage, unmolested untouched (excluding the blue one having been repainted once), original 55 shortbed stepside truck, never left out in the rain unless the PO was driving it, an all original rust free 69 camaro, my old mans 55 tow car, and then his 4 dragcars. A 68 camaro big block, 68 small block, 57 150 series, and a 55. All the drag cars are as they ran when he retied them in 1982 due to not agreeing with the bracket racers style of racing, locked them up in the garage and hasn't been to a strip since. He raced from 64-82 and held 3 world records. Some of our others cars include 17 55-59 panels and suburbans (probably the largest ammount owned by one individual in the country), alot of old 55-59 trucks and cars, 4 65 2 door chevelles, and the list goes on and on and on. I myself own 7 second generation camaros, incluidng a 74 lt, 74 z28 nonair, 78 lt, 79 rs, 79 berlinetta t top, 80 berlinetta, and a 81 parts car. Ive got some other toys like trucks and such. Neat part is almost all of our 150+ cars are chevrolets, only two pontiacs in the bunch. Well, enough talking, if you guys are like my camaro forum (nastyz) your alll a bunch of pic ******, so here it goes for a few samplers.

The garage

Old mans 57

My 80

My old chevelle (too much work on a college students budget, runs and drives as is so why mess with her?)

I may post some more pics up later, its computers starting to move a little slow and i dont wanna have to retype this whole thing.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like quite a collection.. I am ok with my two for now, lol. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.