Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

just want to say hi....eh

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just want to say hi....eh

Hi All, thought I should intro myself, have been perusing the site for a while and shopping for a car. An immense body of knowledge here and some wicked rides as well. My name is Lee, my odometer recently rolled over to 30 years, I have been working hard and it is time for a fast car. As you get older you think back to what was cool in high school and want that car or something similar. For me, it was a buddy who spent money he didn't have and bought a new 95 Z M6, so much fun and so much trouble. I have been slowly building a 72 nova but getting impatient and want a ride now. My father borrowed me his 97 triple white WS6 this summer for a month and now I want one, just not a vert. I have informed my dear wife that her car may be booted out of the garage before spring and she is accepting, although it was -44 with wind-chill this morning.

The nova was purchased in Cali and driven back to Winnipeg Manitoba with the original 250 6er. Oil consumption increased hourly on the drive and loud knocking on my driveway, it never did start again but it was an adventure and saved on shipping. It now has a 9" rear with auburn pro series & Moser axles. Front sub frame rebuilt with polys, coated, disc conversion, competition engineering shocks and springs. I need to replace floor pans and some rust in front and rear window channels. I am doing all the work myself but between work, grad school, and a 2 year old, it is slow going...hence the need for a turnkey hotrod. I sold the 434 sbc I had for it and am aiming for more of a street cruiser versus strip car that was originally intended.

Cheers, Lee.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Welcome to LS1TECH where are you located?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like youve got a bit going on, good luck to you.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

If I sit still too long....I drink beer...gotta keep busy lol.