Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Its about time i joined...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its about time i joined...

Hello everyone im new here. My name is Ryan and im from the super cold Canada. Im in alberta and its cold but that talk is for another post. Anyways i came here to learn as much general and technical information on all the gm motors but of course specifically the ls1 and ls2 motors. The reason is because im planning a hybrid swap into my 90 240sx this spring/summer. Im going to start with a quick question and im positive i didnt see it when i searched this site before, okay how much should i be paying for a ls1motor with pcm and wiring harness and a T56 tranny and vice versa for the Ls2. Oh and im asking about used engine and tranny nothing new from gm. Let me know in canadian funds...
Agian thanks alot but i gots to go put for supper so ill be on later to chat it up with you guys lol, thanks everyone!!!!
Ryan
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

hello Ryan welcome to the boards Its hard to really determine a price.. Things like mileage on the engine and tranny and what type of shape everything is in really determines the price, along with how much the pweson is willing to offer. You just have to be patient and find a good deal. Somethings you are looking for may be for sale on here. Goodluck with your new project!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's strange that those our cars were built in Canada and yet they are rare up there. You can expect to pay about 3000 for an ls1 and anywhere up to 5000 for an ls2, granted thats w/o tranny and computer. Go in the classifieds on this site and start looking. You could expect to pay at least 5000 for everything-good luck.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 PM

thanks guys for the help i will have a look on the classifieds on here, and thanks for giving me a estimated price on the motor and tranny its a great help, i went to today to a local auto wreckers that pulls the parts for you and they said around ten thousand for the motor and tranny with nothing else so i got to start searching around for the best deals possible i guess
Old 01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSXS13
thanks guys for the help i will have a look on the classifieds on here, and thanks for giving me a estimated price on the motor and tranny its a great help, i went to today to a local auto wreckers that pulls the parts for you and they said around ten thousand for the motor and tranny with nothing else so i got to start searching around for the best deals possible i guess
Yah you could pick up a brand new ls2 crate motor for less than that. Even try craigslist ads in the States like the major cities of California, and Texas. I found a complete longblock ls-6 for 1800-not freakin bad.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Heres a steal for you
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1005230184.html