Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newly motivated need some info

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newly motivated need some info

Hello, I have had a 68 Camaro for a while i bought it out of a guy's yard for a shotgun,a trailer,a motorcycle and a little cash too. less than a grand total, I then went out and found a 99 LS1 with a 4L60E trans and bought it from the wrecking yard with computer and the whole setup. Now 5 years later im either gonna sell it or finish it and the more times I look it over with a prospective buyer i think about how close this could be to finishing so I do a few more little things to it. Right now i have the subframe out and bought all the motor mounts/adapter plates/ needed and placed the engine/trans in the subframe. I moved the trans crossmember back about 4" and now Im wondering if I need to section a spot in the middle and drop it to have tunnel clearance and the correct pitch angle. OR do i even need to sorry about all that with the old automatic trans crossmember (original).

I started looking in the conversions section and will continue to research that area but it contains so much info that i can only go through so much at a time. Plus i needed to sign up to use the search function.. Thanks for any info offered, Great site!!