Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Colorado kid wanting to learn about LS1's

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado kid wanting to learn about LS1's

Hey everyone!
I'm the new kid around here with the ultimate goal. Firstly though
My name Is Abraham Garduņo, Hailing from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I run an auto detail business and attend school. I am really in love with V8's but I am not fortunate enough to own one. I do have a car that may be able to hold it's own against v8's once my parts arrive (In can hold it's own against v6's for sure), but I will be honest and not bench race.
My goal is to ultimately learn all I possibly can about LS1's and their potential, as my dream is to retrofit one inside my car. Best of both worlds, the mighty power and rumble of a V8, yet the weight and agility of an import, with the benefit of RWD.

As for my car:
I have a Black 1995/97 Converted, 2.0L I4 4g63t DOHC Turbo, Eagle Talon TSI AWD with 68,xxx original miles.
I know most Muscle car guys have heard of DSM's, the most respected "Import" (It's actually an American car.) on the streets.
I absolutely am NOT a ricer. Please don't call me one. I despise hondas with a passion!!! I hate the sound, the look, and the overall cockyness of most honda owners. Hence why I don't capitalize honda. It doesn't deserve it.

So here is my promise to you...I respect muscle car guys as long as they aren't cocky. I know alot of muscle guys here who are really cool open minded people and respect our cars, whether it be a fast and worthy 4 cylinder, or a roaring V12. So I promise to be respectful of you guys but all I ask is that you please give me the respect that I give you and not bash me for owning a 4 cylinder. I ignore the cocky guy stereo-type muscle car guys are known for... please don't make me agree with it.

So yeah... TSI AWD. Once I install all the parts I ordered, this is my final list.

4g63 DOHC Turbocharged 2.0 Engine with 210 AWHP stock
Injen Short Ram Intake
Evo III 16g MHI Turbo Clipped and Ported (25lbs race, 7-8lbs DD)
Evo III Ported Exhaust Manifold w/ ported O2 Housing
AEM EUGO Wideband O2 sensor
Glowshift (for now) Boost| NB A/F ratio| Oil Pressure gauges
DSMLink V3 Running Speed Density
Turbo XS Dual Stage (See evo III) EBC
HKS Dual SSQV Bov's
850CC FIC Fuel Injectors
Walbro 190lph Fuel Pump
2.5" Magnaflow Catback Exhaust (Sounds deep v6ish like, nothing like a honda!)
RRE Downpipe
VRSF FMIC
IPT custom 3500rpm Hi-stall torque converter
IPT shift kit
HKS 272/272 Cams
CryO2 FMIC Sprayer
CryO2 Purge Solenoids.
That's it for now.

I'm thinking of purchasing a Zex wet 100 shot for the stall? But I really don't like messing with Nitrous. Things can get a bit sketchy. Haha

No Dyno yet as not all the parts are placed yet. So I'll post a dyno sheet when I do get it dyno'd. No estimates, as again, I don't bench race.
As for pics?
Only Exterior for now, as these are before I put parts on. The engine bay is kinda gross stock, haha. I haven't put on the FMIC yet either again, due to my project not being complete.
Before:

After:

Again please don't flame me. I am in no way a ricer. Your probably Laughing at the Halo headlights, but I took that picture because it is a trick of the light. The Halo's are actually white, but when a picture is taken, whether it be on a cell phone or a camera, it looks DARK BLUE. I liked that it changed so I put it up here for kicks. Again... Not ricer... I like show and go, not just show. And I really hate Fart Cans and Weedwacker 1.6L POS's so....
Yeah.
That's me

And P.S. Your probably wondering why all those parts If I'm going to swap it to a V8. Well, in the unfortunate event of not being able to, I still have a fast car. In the fortunate event that I can, I can sell a well built engine to a DSMer in need.
Win-Win right?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes! 4 cylinder guy gets ignored woo!