Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Howdy from Granbury, TX!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy from Granbury, TX!

Greetings, all!

My name is Mike, and I own a 2000 Corvette FRC (same body style as the C5 Z06, but with an LS-1. The engine is stock internally, and the only external bolt-ons are a modified stock intake box and a set of LG Street LT headers. I run with the local BMW autocross group, and occasionally out at Motor Sports Ranch. She's currently got around 193,xxx miles on the odo, running the original engine, clutch, and drivetrain. I'm on my 3rd set of rotors and pads I've lost count of. Here's a video from our last autocross out at Mineral Wells airport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXMP8YvzBw

I haven't been hanging around here, mainly spending my time over in the Autocross/Road Racing forum over at the Corvette Forum. Until now, which brings me to my second car.

I've just recently purchased a '99 Miata, a great handling little car with way too small an engine. I've also recently purchased a wrecked '00 Camaro SS (you see where this is going) that is going to donate it's engine/tranny to the Miata. I'm going to use the V8 Roadsters conversion kit that pulls the engine back about 2 inches, but requires some cutting/welding of the tranny tunnel to make things fit. I'm also going to try my hand at tuning, probably using HP Tuners.

I'm getting started parting out the SS, you'll see that thread over in the For Sale section in the near future.

So, have a good one, and we'll be talking later!
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Howdy from Granbury, TX!-img_1264-resized.jpg   Howdy from Granbury, TX!-img_2619-small.jpg   Howdy from Granbury, TX!-img_0213-small.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site nice vette .Good luck on the Miata that thing is going to be awesome!