Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

'New' Camaro owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 'New' Camaro owner

Haha 'new' 1979 Camaro Berlinetta owner here. Been registered for a while, and I've always wanted an LSx motor, but hey who says no to a bored 350? So I picked it up a week ago, definitely a fixer upper but it's something I've always wanted to do. No pictures yet but they are coming soon..

Specs are a fresh 350 bored 0.30 over, holley 650 4-b carb w/electric choke, edlebrock aluminum intake, fresh TH350 transmission, 3.73 gears in the rear mated to a 10-bolt posi rear. Some kind of aftermarket long tube headers cut off under the drivers seat with glass packs..

It sounds like a beast but I have yet to get it on the road. Needs a windshield, new drum brakes in both rears and a few things here and there. Very little rust on the rear quarter panels which i hope I can fix with a little welding.. hey a project car is a project car. So far I'm looking to get it in driving condition before I start anything major. The original owner left me with 7mm spark plug wires, one of which was cut and taped back together, and some flooded-out and used spark plugs. I know this is LS1Tech but if anyone can point me to a good aftermarket dealer it would be appreciated, cheers!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Sounds like a fun build. Would love to see pics once there up.