Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie From Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie From Wisconsin

Hi everyone! I'm a wagon guy and am a regular over at the stationwagonforums.com . I'm also a car guy and have built some nice stuff in my day. I just bought a really nice 96 Caprice wagon that is made up to look like an Impala SS. I'm lovin' this wagon a LOT! I used to build 455's and dropped them into late 80's Buick box wagons. Had a lot of fun with my favorite....an 88 Electra wagon with a built 455 and built tranny. Hey, I'm just a white haired old guy and used to love to send some of the young kids home with their Mustangs scratching their head wondering how they got blown off by a white haired old man in an old Buick station wagon! I'm really looking forward to being a member here. I bought the 96 Caprice because I wanted to experiment with an L series engine. I'm from the old school and you guys can teach this old Fox the new stuff on these L engines. A good friend of mine introduced me to this forum but I don't know what his name is here. Over at the wagon forum he is known as Ampypants. I call him Amp. He has already given me a lot of info on what can be done to the LT1 and I hope to learn a lot more. I'm leaning toward swapping an LS1 in my wagon but will see what I can learn here about the LT1. I know you will want pix but I'm a puter idiot. The only pix I have are the ebay link. It will give you some pix of my car. And, maaannn....I'm lovin' it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 12-05-2009, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the forum, nice to see others from wisconsin. I will always have a soft spot in my garage for the 455s, olds, buick, and pontiac. My brother has a 73 GS With a 455 stage 1, and hell my dads old gmc 1/2 ton has a 455 olds in it. The ls series engines are fantastic though. I dont think i will ever build a old school big block again.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Newbie here too, but it's good to see others from WI!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Hi Wisconsinites! I'm in the south to mid western part of the state.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the Fox Valley, but living in Madison now (school at UW)
Old 12-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Teching In

I was born and raised in Madison, 99Form. Back when it was the greatest town ever.
Hey, rpmauto....I think I'm interested in dropping an LS into my wagon. I need tips on where to find a low mile good one cheap to build and, more importantly, how to build it. I'm still from the old school and need all the info I can get.
How do I post pix here??

Last edited by silverfoxSS; 12-06-2009 at 11:13 AM.