Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

OH.. another mustang guy... :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OH.. another mustang guy... :)

LOL hello all!

First off I have been a mustang lover since the age of 6 (19 years young now) I've been on and off with camaro's feelings wise I even at one point wanted my first car to be a camaro (I was 16 at the time) couple of years passed and as a ford mustang fan I hated camaro's for no apparent reason basically "just because" lol as of today I've owned a couple fox body coupes this past year first one was junk (my first car) the one i own now is fine its a 5.slow dont get me wrong i still looove mustangs thats where my heart will always be at just to be honest i just really feel my 5.0 has been a large money pit and i dont have time to bolt on this or that recently I've been looking at camaros and and 1 week before my search i was on mmforums and saw the talk about camaros seen a few guys talk about the ls1 and heard h/c/i+ls1 was in the 400-500 range first thought that popped in my head was ..... IMPRESSIVE felt like i had to to that one and did a tiny bit of research and the mpg of the 5.0 vs. the 5.7 IS relatively almost the same and in numbers the camaro wins so i thought to my self man im starting to like camaro's again... LOL but yeah anyways enough of my boring story so just today (dec/17) ive spotted a nice light green 98 z28 looks like a winner for a low 3 thousand price range high mileage with close to 200k miles but the good thing ive heard about these is 323 in production in 98 and also heard ls1's run close to forever due to the alum block thats a good thing but another good thing about this situation is my uncle has a rebuilt ls1 possibly with h/c since he did state that the engine is in the mid 400 hp range the price he gave me was an okay price but hey since me and him are close hell just throw me a deal for the rebuilt ls1 for the ls1 in the camaro im going to purchase plus a few extra hundreds win/win situation for me right? so until then i plan to run this ls1 forever into the ground but during that time (*fingers crossed* i hope the rebuilt ls1 has an iron block so i dont have to dish out extra money for the bore) i want to have the ls1 bored out and exactly how much bored out over? not exactly sure but HEY thats why im here now but yeah this is my situation and thanks for listening I appreciate it I hope I have a good time here!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:09 AM

sorry for no commas and periods im just tooo lazy to proof read the book I just wrote lol
Old 12-18-2009, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like you have a great plan. Remember 98 LS1's have many parts that are unique to a 98 and if you start swaping things save all 98 parts.

We see so many that are 1 year only, even gas cap, has to be ordered from dealer using vin.

Keep us in mind we are a site sponsor and stock most items for these cars.

We only recycle Camaros,Firebirds,Mustangs & Vettes, Do conversions for our customers and have experience and knowledge.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

eh, at almost 200k miles i'd run far away. a motor build would run you almost if not entirely what you'd pay for the whole car.

i'd stick with your 5.0 unless you're willing to spend more like 6 grand on a decent running/looking ls1. a 5.0 is a great starting point anyways, throw some nitrous at that bitch.