Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie checking in

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie checking in

Hey guys I wanted to introduce myself. Name is Mike and Im in Tampa Florida. I currently have a 2004 GTO which I have the most fun with until I finish my Nova. I currently am half owner of a Cloverleaf Enterprises, a body shop, and owner of ProMax Tuning & Automotive Computer Recovery Services where we do anything from custom tuning and calibrations to mostly mobile pass through programming and SRS Repairs for other shops and collision centers.

My Stock Cubed LS1 GTO dyno’d 413 383 with a very flat torque curve

Mods to the GTO are:
Comp cam lift 581 588 duration 224 230 lsa 114
Heads are 243 ls2/ls6 castings with factory 64cc camber size cnc’d 2.055 1.57 valves 5 angle job 70cc exhaust runner 227cc intake runner
Yella terra 1.7 rockers
42 pound green top injectors
Professional products typhoon intake and throttle body 85mm and match ported to heads
Pacesetter long tubes no cats x pipe with single chamber race mufflers
Car runs in open loop speed density – no maf, no iat, no 02’s and the pcv system vents by exhaust not vacuume

My next Project is my 67 Nova. The car was actually given to me but is a four door and my original plans were to do a Boyd Cottington type street rod style build with it. After talking with many friends and family with the amount of money I would sink in it that way it still wouldn’t be saleable because of being a four door. So the nova is on a track of being a weekend drag car in flat black primer to have fun with so I don’t have to beat on the GTO so much.

In case you wondering about my sig when I race the gto I run at the track with no hood a snorkel looking intake so I have been dubbed the bird catcher since every person who sees it asks “Have you picked up any birds with?”