Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

NOOB in New Mexico and California

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOOB in New Mexico and California

Well, I figure that the title is confusing, so I'll explain: I go to school in New Mexico during the school year (August through May) and I live in California during the breaks (December - January and summers).

I am a Fleet Mechanic for the California State Parks. I work on everything from PWC's and boats to automobiles to tractors and semis.

I have a passion for building engines. I have been sticking to building big block chevys for the past few years (454's, 502's, and even a few Vortec 8100's). I've done small- and big-block fords and chevys, as well as the odd mopar engine build, but I prefer working on the LSX series engines.

My personal projects for now consist of dropping an LS1 into a 1955 Chevy Belair and a Vortec 8100 (supercharger in the near future) into a 1982 Chevy C10. I'm tinkering with my 1978 Datsun 280Z, but it's doing duty as my daily driver until I can afford to build a stroked LQ9 to power me around.

Well, I seem to be writing an autobiography here, so I'll stop while I still can. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everybody's threads here. There is a lot of good information dispersed throughout the pages as well as some swaps and builds that have motivated me.

~Lee
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like you got big plans for the future huh? Welcome to the site
Old 06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out truestreetcars.com when your in NM.