Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Ill admit, Im a newb :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ill admit, Im a newb :(

Hey all!

Im Dan H., from MN. I currently do not own a v8 vehicle, as I'm recently divorced from my DSM. I do however, plan to start up a project here soon! I will need some help and suggestions, I suppose the intro section isn't the place for tech questions, so I will be writing up a few threads shortly!

As for the plans for my project, I am planning on purchasing a clean s13 240sx shell here shortly. After that, I will be looking for a GM v8 powerplant for it. It's a budget build, so have been looking for 6.0 lq4/9's, and also looking for a t56 as well. Im new to the v8 crowd, and sort of new to trying to make power without a turbo. I have been a dsm'er for quite some time now, and just have grown bored with them. Time for something new!

Ill make this short, and say I hope to learn a few things from the site, and to hopefully make a fun upcoming project.

Thanks for the space!
Dan H.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Welcome...Welcome...
I was in the same boat you are. I had a 400+whp Subaru and got bored with it... bought a 02 z28 and couldnt be happier. Right now my z is pretty stock and slower than my WRX but I love the feel of the v8 and 6spd..there is nothing like it.
My buddy has a 1987 RX7 with a 383 (carbeurated) and that thing is sick. The ls1 swapped 240 should be a beast.

Just do a lot of research and ask questions to make the best choices
Old 01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its a budget you will get farther with the motor if you go with an LTX platform.

Welcome tho
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome fellas.

I'm pretty set on a lq4 or lq9, as I have seen them in my price range, and like having the extra displacement. Id do an ls1, cause they're pretty damn light, but they seem to be kind of spendy. Im not on a strict budget build, just would like to save as much as possible, for future endeavors.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Hi,
glad to have you aboard........enjoy and best of luck on your project.......
Jim