Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Yeah I'm a newby.... Kinda.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yeah I'm a newby.... Kinda.

My name is Dustin and I bought my '00 Camaro SS off of a guy from this site about 2 years ago. He was so upset about selling his car he asked me not to contact him after the transaction was complete. I don't blame him cause it is a beast! I'm 26 and about done with an 8 year stint in the Marines.
I've actually had an account here for a while now(since I bought the car), but haven't really had much to say. I didn't have the money to do what I wanted with my car so why bother asking questions when I'll just forget the answer. Well, I have a lot of questions now and a lot I want to do to my LS1! I had thought about saving up and dumping an LS7 in it, but I figured I could get more out of the LS1 for the money I would spend buying a stock LS7 + instal, etc. I like to do some work on my own, but I'm not a mechanic and I don't have a lot of the tools I would need for most things. If you would like to see pics of my car they are in my profile.
NBM '00 Camaro SS hard-top w/ a few mods. From what I remember it has a mild cam(not sure of the specs), LS6 Heads, upgraded undrive pully, SLP intake, full sports suspension(again, not sure which one), and full true dual exhaust from headers to the rear from GMMG. Tires are 10in. wide in the rear and 9 in the front wrapped around 17" American Racing wheels. She is in great condition and runs like a champ! I was told that it has 425hp & 400ft lbs of torque at the tires, but I haven't verified that for myself. My plan is to turn the engine into a 427cid Beast using Darton MID sleeves and the appropriate stroke and bore to get it there. I just don't exactly know how to do that. First and foremost though I have to do something about the stock rear before I go adding all the other things. I was thinking about the Dana 60, but maybe too much for what I'm looking for... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! - Dustin
Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

SemperFi. Get a Strange S-60. It isn't overkill and is reasonably priced.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Cant go wrong with a Dana IMO. and btw thank you for your service sir, and it sounds like you have a bad SS
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input guys. Semper Fi!