Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from the UK

Hi LS1Techs,

I'm from Watford, which is around 25-miles from central London (that place where we made a big fuss over some wedding).

I've been a petrol head all my life and been lucky enough to own a couple of cars running SBCs in that time. Back in 1989 I ran a 1988 Pontiac Trans-Am GTA 5.7, which I traded for a 1990 GTA a year later. I added the Street Legal Performance upgrade to the second TA, which upped the output to around 280hp.

I've also run a long list of European and Japanese performance cars, including modified Ford Sapphire Cosworths and a Nissan GTR33 V-Spec.

I currently run a 2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR (=Pontiac GTO 6.0). The first round of mods included poly bushes, Pedders adjustable suspension, AP brakes, Ripshifter, quick ratio steering, exhaust, etc. I then added the Gen-TTR twin turbo kit, upping power to around 600hp.

I'm now having an LSX427 twin turbo built by John Sleath (UK drag scene). It's on the dyno and pushes 1200hp on pump gas. It should be back together in time for the summer. The car will be street legal, so options for the rear are a little limited. I'll be addressing this in the winter, so no traction until then

Cheers
Arnie