Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member, Riggs

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Member, Riggs

Hello Everyone, My name is Tom Riegler and I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio and lived here most of my life. I own a 75 camaro which Ive owned since HS. The car has been in storage for 17yrs because of college, marriage, divorce, remarriage, house, kids and all the activities that come with it. In short, Life is Short and as the wife says "its time to play"!

With that said I slowly put this thing together after tearing it apart and painting it 17yrs ago. For the most part its together running and boy have I missed that power! From the factory 350 4bbl 4speed trans #s matching rally gauges, console, soft ray tint, non AC car with the RPO Z86 suspension package.

Upgrades:80' Fisher T-top, 80' camel Tan interior, 80' Z28 fender Air Extractors, Herb Adams front Swaybars, Koni Shock, Goodyear Gatorbacks.

Why I'm now a member? After looking online while puting my car together Ive found the aftermarket has gone wild with classic cars and making them handle ( Especially camaros/firebirds ) like a new C6 Vette. I just purchased DSE lower and upper control arms and and LS1/6spd combo from a 2004 GTO which will arrive tomorrow. Viewing DSE's website has inspired me to the point of breaking and going on with this!

After finding your forum and reading about all the advice and help I could receive on what to use and where to go to purchase the items I need, I decided this where I need to be to complete this project. I hope also I can provide some support with my knowledge of these cars over the past 30 yrs of experience.

My questions are: can I use the GTO harness, reprogram it, and connect to my car's original Fuse Terminal block? If not who does this work or what can you tell me or the direction I need to go?

Who makes the best mounting solution for this combination including the trans?

Fuel delivery, can I use existing fuel lines? Do I need to run a seperate harness that requires more wire? I did find a company called Tanks, Inc that makes a conversion using a stock tank ( new of course ). DSE makes one also but very pricey. Its narrowed also.

Thanks, glad to be a part of this and hope to hear from you soon!

Riggs