Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy Long Time Lurker

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy Long Time Lurker

Hello from HOTLANTA!!! Long time car guy with interests in Chevelles primarily and particular interest in combining the modern technologies with the classic looks of the older cars.

A major issue here in Hotlanta is the fact that it is hot. Currently starting work on a 72 Chevelle that does not have A/C and looking for some ideas. In keeping with the drive to new technology I want to see if anyone has experience with installation of donor car underdash A/C systems from the recent past. I am tired of the performance compromises of the aftermarket A/C world like Vintage Air and others and the compromises of running R134 in converted 1970's under dash systems.

So the question is as follows. Has anyone had any experience pulling late model under dash A/C from a donor car and making it work under the dash of a 1970's Chevelle. I can fab things up with the best of em but suggestions about a suitable starting point donor car A/C system would sure be appreciated. I can build ducting...hang outlets here and there and install controls the issue is starting out with something that is physically workable.

Thanks for any help you can supply.