Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Ben in Utah with G-machine wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ben in Utah with G-machine wagon

Hey all-

I'm Ben from Utah and after dropping in here occasionally for info I thought I should introduce myself and my project. I'm 41 now and have spent a good part of my working career in automotive retail from parts counter to general tech to service center management. I also have a degree in transportation design and more recently spent some time in the graphic design industry. When the economy tanked and the design company I was working for went belly up I decided to get serious about my side business of doing custom automotive illustrations and project design, and also enrolled last year in a Street Rod program at the local college. My goal after graduation is to work in a pro-touring type shop and get paid to do my hobby for the rest of my life.

I've grown up around Chevys and have owned several Novas over the years. I currently own a street driven 74 Nova that runs mid 11's on the 406 small block motor in the street legal class. I also have on the burner a 73 Nova that my son and I will start on next year as a resto-mod project that will be completed right about the time he's old enough to drive, here's a rendering-

My current daily driver is a 79 Olds Cutlass Cruiser station wagon. I bought it to haul my vendor booth stuff to car shows but having it simply as a driver went out the window pretty quick. Now it's at school getting a total face lift, including a 5.3 LS motor from a 2006 4x4 p-u. I got bit pretty hard by the autocross bug not long ago and when the car is finished I plan on running monthly SCCA Solo events and an occasional road course event and trip to the drag strip. My ultimate dream is to make it to the LS fest within the next 2 or 3 years. My build thread link for the wagon is in my signature, please check it out and let me know what you think.

I probably won't add a lot to the forum for now, I'm pretty old school and totally new to the whole LS scene. But I will be studying and learning and will probably be asking some questions along the way. I will also update my build thread on a regular basis. Glad to meet everyone and to be aboard!