Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the Forum, sort of!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to the Forum, sort of!

I am in Southern California. I have been wandering through the threads for years, should have joined a while ago. Anyhow, I have helped with several LSX and S type swaps into older cars and am working on a little project for myself, in a 1984 Chevy El Camino. I do most if not all of the work myself (with the help of my bro). I will hopefully be offering alot of info and help on what kind of stuff I can do, as I have already learned so much on this site.

I have owned a 2010 2SS Camaro (which I sold in Feb 2011). I have owned an el co with a corvette LT1/suspension in it (given to close friend). Owned to SS Camaros (2002 and 2001, both gone). I intend to put LS motors in my El Co. 1964 Impala convertible and have several cars on my list of things to buy and modify....

Im am hoping to get my el co up and running shortly... want to put two hair dryers under the hood too, but we will see how that goes...

So for now, 1984 El Camino, rear disc brakes, with auburn posi, 3.73 (working on ford 9"), updated doors, all shaved, all nice metal work (including rear roll pan, shaved rear marker lights and tail gate)... all done in garage, it had 22s on it, which I am taking off, the front tire will be a 22", the rear 20x18" (weld racing RT-S) and front will be custom cut to match rear, air ride tech suspension... some of the stuff/parts I have, some still have to get, but car has come a long way...

just finished up my wire harness, thanks to the forum...
Gerald

took all this out...
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Launching!

my old camaro...

project car:

lights are in between the roll pan and tailgate
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Launching!

all metal work on body, thus far, cept the front, is glass
Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Launching!

picked these brakes up for a super good deal, half off at junk yard... put my touches on them and they came out great...
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Launching!

My El Co thread http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30272

Rear Disc Brake Swap Thread http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30606

Pay It Forward Thread http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31457&start=0

in the gbody forums quite a bit posting, but i spend just as much time on here reading and learning, Im about to start contributing...

never owned a turbo car though (that i worked on or built myself) so this will be interesting
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Oh and don't be fooled by my name, I am not a shop of any kind. I am a very hard working, giving, humble person! Hopefully I can get this thing back on the road soon!