Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Nw ohio, findlay!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nw ohio, findlay!

New guy from Findlay, OH!
Hey everyone, Names Charlie. I am from a small city in NW Ohio. While there is some hotrod action here, it still leaves much to be desired. I am a Ford guy at heart, my daily driver is a 2002 P71 Crown Vic. My passion is a 1993 Mustang Notchback. I am about to turn 31 in November, and wanted my car for almost 15 years. I have had this car for going on 4 years now and I am always doing something else to it when I am not fixing something that I broke. There are numerous mods to the car, more then I would care to list, but the big ones are the SN95 dash swap. 90% of a 2001 GT interior is in my 93. The A/C, heat, cruise, Mach 460 stereo, and all the gauges work. I wanted it to appear as factory as possible, and I love the double takes people give when it is parked. Also has a 5 lug swap using 2001 GT front brakes, and 86 SVO rear brakes. Everything from the front hubs to the steering wheel is factory. Nothing custom, that way parts are cheap and plentiful. It has a mild 302/5-speed. Makes around 280 to the tire, but that is becoming quite boring. So that is what brought me here….

A friend of mine has a 71 Z28 split bumper and this next winter/spring we are planning a 5.3 swap. I won’t bore you with the details of the swap as it has been done a million times, but not too often here in my neck of the woods. After much debate and deliberation, I am also planning a 5.3 swap in my 93 Mustang. I just want the car to be as reliable as a stocker, but run as hard as it does now. And I know the LS platform responds well to mods. Figured a lumpy cam, long tubes, LS1 intake and a speed density tune would make some serious power, but make it reliably. Also going with either a 4L60 or 4L65 trans. I have access to a 2003 harness from a truck that I am going to use, a 411 ECM will be chosen, and tuned using HP tuners. The 5.3’s here are dirt cheap, plentiful, and low mileage. Right now I am reading, and reading, and reading all that I can to do this swap. If someone has some insight, or tips that I can use I would love the help!
If there is anything else you’d like to know…. Just ask!

Pics of the car are here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c26aff1075
Video's of my stang and my buddies 71:
http://youtu.be/rypachkFhdU
http://youtu.be/XDgjYdOoowQ

Charlie Ridinger
Chromerust1(AT)gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/charles.ridinger
Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice man welcome!!! always good to see old school in here
Old 10-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Teching In

welcome to the freak show charlie from your favorite O reillys employee lol
Old 10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the Vids and picks mate. Welcome aboard
Old 10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Crap.... Neil is here.... time to go back to Stangnet....

Anyhoo...

Thanks for the welcome guys. I wanna make my junk fast and reliable. Looks like it is going to have to have chevy powah to do it....
Old 10-17-2011, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Nice to see another NW Ohio guy in here realizing where the power is at haha.

I would be happy to show you how a 12 year old LS1 with factory plugs and wires runs with some minor bolt ons

Welcome to the site!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chrome_Rust
Crap.... Neil is here.... time to go back to Stangnet....

Anyhoo...

Thanks for the welcome guys. I wanna make my junk fast and reliable. Looks like it is going to have to have chevy powah to do it....
Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the site. Good luck with the swap.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome from dayton!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HuggerOrangeZ
Nice to see another NW Ohio guy in here realizing where the power is at haha.

I would be happy to show you how a 12 year old LS1 with factory plugs and wires runs with some minor bolt ons

Welcome to the site!
I'd love to see it...

I think I have my dropout sold this weekend. If so, buying a 5.3 and a 4L60e monday. I already have a 03 tahoe harness that I am going to use until i can afford my painless harness....
Then going to order the flanges from GM for my headers, chop up a set of Mustang shorties, and have that part done. hopefully be running before the snow flies.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Dang you move quick.

Next time I'm gonna be in Findlay I'll shoot you a PM to see if your gonna be around and you can check out my camaro, plus I would love to see your stang.

I used to be in Findlay 3-4 time a week because my girlfriend was going to school there but she just graduated in May. Surprised you haven't ever seen the orange camaro cruising the streets before.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HuggerOrangeZ
Dang you move quick.

Next time I'm gonna be in Findlay I'll shoot you a PM to see if your gonna be around and you can check out my camaro, plus I would love to see your stang.

I used to be in Findlay 3-4 time a week because my girlfriend was going to school there but she just graduated in May. Surprised you haven't ever seen the orange camaro cruising the streets before.
No, havent seen one.

302 dropout sold lastnight for 1000. Bought a 5.3, 4L60E, 411 PCM, all the accessories and so far I am only $632 in to it. Going to order the header flanges from GMPP monday and use a set of SBF headers and try to use my X-pipe I already have. Getting the oilpan cut tuesday so i can use the truck pan with the mustang. building my mounts next weekend and should have the engine in the car in a week or so. Getting a P71 crown vic drive shaft shortened to work with a truck ujoint on one end. should only be a few months until it is all worked out. the only thing that I am worried about is the speedo working. (i have a 94-95 cluster in my car with the electric speedo that workes...). Then next summer going with twin TD06-20G turbo's.... should be fun.....

But yea, just shoot me a text or a call (fowr won nine) seven, too, one, twenty thirty-two. ( i know it is spelled wrong)

Charlie
Old 10-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Hi charlie...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Launching!

welcome to ls1...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nuimpykid
Hi charlie...
This is Bill... His is the Voice you hear in the Vids I posted...

Say Hi Bill....

Good friend of mine...

Charlie

Quick Reply: Nw ohio, findlay!