Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Hi All!

Thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. My name is Bryan and I live in Virginia. I love cars of all sorts and have had my fair share of toys in the past. I think i have found THE ONE now!

I just recently saved my 99 Pontiac Trans AM from a slow death in my neighbors back yard. The car sat for two years in the same place, and the previous owner told me that he had big plans for the car. After watching the car of my dreams sit idle for two years I found out that he was building another car instead of the Trans Am. He let it slip that he needed money for a motor, and he had no idea how he was going to get it. So after a short talk about how much he needed i went to the bank and pulled out a chunk of cash and told him he can have his motor if i can have the Trans Am. After a short banter and some thought the cash in hand won over, and i pushed the car over to my house with the title in hand.

I now have the perfect project car. It needs some love, but in time i hope it will come together like a lot of the cars on this site. I have been looking around the site for a couple weeks now, and no matter where i search on the internet i some how end up back here!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Welcome!

Hey Yoda, welcome to the site! I know the feeling, no matter what I searched LS1Tech was always there and always had the best results.

So what state is the Trans AM in? What kind of TLC are you looking at? Of course as the saysing goes, a picture is worth 1000 words! I keep meaning to creae a Photobucket account, but its so mush more fun to WORK on my Nova then sit in front of my computer!

So get some details up here and welcome!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Teching In

The car came from North Carolina, and ended up here with me in VA.

As soon as i bring the car back to my house i will post a couple pics up, i just had a new clutch slave and flywheel put in and me and my friend are getting ready to put new brakes and lines all the way around. Discs,calipers, and pads.

We just gave the car a 8 hour scrub and cleaned it inside and out, pulled all the seats and gave them some leather treatment. The car is in need of a paint job, the rear bumper has little to no clear coat and the bra the previous owner had rubbed the front end raw.

I am in desperate need of tires right now too. But i dont feel like spending the money on a set of 245 16s when i can put that money towards a bigger wheel and tire package. I had been looking at alot of the wheels on the OEwheels site but nothing seems to be in stock. At least nothing that I like at this time. Again i found the post with other members cars and there different OE wheels here on this site and I found many that i thought would work well.

I will be sure to post some pics of the project as soon as it makes it back to my place!!

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Hi, Bry-aan!! You sound like an awesome dude! Will you be my friend?

Steve