Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noob Checking in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Noob Checking in!!!

I recently bought a 2000 Trans Am WS6. Its a six speed car, with true dual exhaust and a hurst short throw shifter. other than that it is all stock, but I plan on changing that very soon. I have Koon's EGR and AIR delete kit on its way as well as the GM performance EGR manifold plug. I want to Put the LS6 intake on it eventually but this will at least clean up the engine bay. I am also planning on installing Strano Springs and Koni shock all the way around (I hear good things about this setup). then it will be a bolt on car from there (SLP intake, Port and polish TB, and I would like a set of long tubes). I would love any feedback you may have.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good direction to start in!

Delete the CAGS skip shift if it has not already been done, otherwise it will drive you crazy. SLP sells a direct fit plug to delete it, or you can get a $.35 resistor at Radioshack, unplug the fitting on the left side of the transmission, and stick both ends of the resistor in there, I do not remember the exact resistance to buy, just do a search...

Longtubes- Pacesetters for the budget build, or Kooks if you want to do it right.

Also, I would consider 4.10 gears for the M6. I do not have them myself, but many guys on here have said that gears were the "best" mod they could have done to the car.