Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newb that needs honest input

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
DJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb that needs honest input

Goodmorning,

New to LS1 tech and need your honest input. I have a 2000 FRC with 40k on it and I am seriously considering selling it to get a new 5.0 mustang. I need input on performance. A little background this is my second vette and I have always been impressed with the performance. The 2000 FRC has a tune, cai, and catback. Car has been paid off for years and is in mint condition. It put down 333 rwhp and 339 twtq last May after the tune, cai, and catback. Took it to the track and it ran consistent 12.80's between 113 and 115. Best 60ft was 2.18. As you can see the car needs tires. From what I have read about the new 5.0 it is a beast and will run high 11's to low 12's with tune, CAI and stickies. I would put stickies on the vette however, we all know the clutch and halfshafts won't handle the abuse. If I sell the vette and get a base GT 6m with 3.73 gear. Do you think it will run better than the vette?? Please no flames just want honest input before I make a decision. I drove the new 5.0 and SOTP it was the fastest off the lot car I have drove, but it did not seem as fast as the FRC, but again SOTP means nothing. Thanks for reading and hope to get some input.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would keep the vette.
1. its better looking than the mustang (imo)
2. 8 mos of mustang payments will by mods for the vette that will put a big cheesy grin on your face and a look of disappointment on the mustang owners face.