Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Straight pipe headers for my 00 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight pipe headers for my 00 Camaro?

Hey guys just got an 00 Camaro. Lucky for me, it has the LS1 swap already in it. It has 116k miles on it soin Im in the process of rebuilding it. I wanted to put some straight pipe headers in but haven't been successful in finding the ones I wanted. I wanted some Hooker Darksides but all I see is they go up to 92 and that's all. Any headers u guys can recommend. Will straight headers fit, or am I stuck with the shorties as my only option?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Launching!

They definitely sell LT's and are one of the most talked about mods in this forum and usually one of the first mods anyone does to their car. Like most other things, depends on the budget. I wouldn't run straight headers on an LS1 car because it will run rich as hell and may burn out your rear O2 sensors.

With that said, the budget headers: Pacesetters, Flowtech, BBK, and TSP. BBK by far has the best deal. For $335, you get chrome coated headers, the offroad y-pipe to go with it, and free shipping with most vendors. TSP is about $500 but because they are stainless steel, cant beat that price anywhere. Quality for all these headers is decent (TSP is stainless and is above and beyond in terms of quality, only listed here because of the price of Stainless vs their price)

Middle of the pack: Hooker, MAC, Jet Hot, SLP. A little bit better quality than above and a little bit more in price as well. SLP's are overpriced and have some problems when lowering

Top of the line: Kooks, American Racing. The best quality by far, good fitment, and most expensive of all and come in Stainless Steel.

All the brands above make LT's for LS1's. Again, it all depends on your budget. Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Lucky for you your car came stock with the ls1 motor It wasn't swapped . I wouldn't rebuild the motor though lol, 116xxx isn't really that much. Longtubes are def the first and best bang for your buck mod to get. Id go with kooks if you don't want to spend to much. they fit good and are a reputable brand. id personally go with tsp headers and tsp true duals if you like power and sound. i went with the stainless works headers off HAWKS and got tsp true duals. the best power and sound gain in my opinion
Old 02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Check the classifieds...I got a set of Pacesetter (budget) off of there for $100 + shipping...then got some good header paint and good header wrap (~100) and I've got some pretty nice looking headers. I was able to remove the minor surface rust with a bit of brushing.