Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi Guys (gender non-exclusive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Guys (gender non-exclusive)

Old Guy here , trolling for some fresh LSx type ponies. I have a 83Bu wagon (Lt stroker)that I really enjoy terrorizing the local 'bad boys' with, but I'm really considering something around a LS7 for my next project. I'm also considering a 6speed auto just so I can play with the paddle shifters(toooo cooool). All of that will be in a 83 Regal wagon, or maybe a 79H/O. And that's where the fun starts... I really like the idea of a rolling chassis and putting the wagon on it but the wheelbase and sizes don't really work out. My 'jet mech' wants me to go with just the engine, tranny, and a back half. My knees are shot, so the lower cars are out. Money isn't my biggest problem as I take things a little slow anyway(execpt for jumping on Mustangs, they can't make the 8 second mark). The Buick is cherry and has 62K miles on it, bench velor, and auto windows, and some bad wood and paint. My only other choice is to 'chop up' a 79 H/O (and do all the same things to it). I know the frame is tight (at the wheels)as I have 5/8 spacers just to run some 265/50/18, on the Bu(with a 4.50" backspaced wheel) on the Bu. (But boy does it hook!!!!) But the Bu only has about 500ponies at the engine and a 3.42 rear) I'm thinking around a 3.73 to a 4.10 for the Ls. I really like the idea of a 'beach car' running in the 10s'. Any Ideas??? As I havn't ordered anything just yet...
Thanks,
Bruce
Ps. I don't have to stop at 600...