Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hello, My name is Jonny, I live in colorado and work as a car stereo tech. I have a bachelors in Automotive Technologies and sevice aswell as my MECP Advanced certs. I'm far4 from a guru but I know my way around a car- electronics are my speciallty.

I'm in the process of building a bagged 1952 Chevy 1/2 ton pick-up. I currently have added a IFS, notched and boxed the frame, and put a parallel 4-link in the rear. Running 20x8.5 up fornt and 20x10 in the back and it lays the side steps cleanly.

I'm to the point of getting a powertrain together for it now. I already have a Rebuilt 4l60e that wa sintended for an 06 tahoe but it got wrecked and i eneded up with it for $200. I'm running a 10 bolt rear with 3.42 gears- curently open, might do a posi eventually, but unsure.

I'd like to se 350-400hp at the wheels torque in the same range but less important as its goping to be a show styled truck that will never see a track or even a race [most likely].

My origional idea was an LS1 but the sticker price for a 100K+ mile engine made my wallet (and girlfriend) cry. I'm currently looking at the LM7/ L33 but want a nice clean engine bay (no truck intake).

Any pointers, tips or parts leads you guys would recommend. I have been searching and searching and I'm afraid if I spend anymore time at the computer my lady will leave me. lol.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Cool project. Plenty of engines to be had out there, just remember you get what you pay for! Welcome!