Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member searching for engine for project

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member searching for engine for project

Hello, Just joined the forum. I am beginning my research to swap an LS1 into my car. Just curious as to how often engines come up for sale on this forum?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your researching your swap be sure to check out the hybrids and conversions section on the forum. Also, there are engines on here a lot, be sure to check your local craigslist as LS1's are getting ditched for larger CID motors quite often now days.

Depending on your goals you could also consider a LQ 6.0 liter block or a LM7 5.3, both those are iron blocks, but they can be had for a fraction of the LS1 and you can get a full pull out from a junkyard with the accessories and harness for your swap.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the welcoming. My goal is to have the V8 power plant, which block I guess im not sure of. I am aware of the truck engines, but I guess I need to read up on the different head combos and what will be better, as far as a stock engine. I am no stranger to the mod bug, but I am looking to keep the project fairly simple to get it rolling, and possiblity for expansion later. So my initial thought was to get complete drive train from a camaro/firebird. I will head to the conversions section now. Thanks again.