Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New owner, Old account.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New owner, Old account.

Havent got into a f-body since highschool... Im now in the 4th year of college.
I first bought the car from a owner in orange county... Shorty after recieving the car about three weeks later After taking it to the shop due to flashing cel's.... Turns out the last owner dropped cylinder number 7 and tryed to hide it. So I am replacing the engine and filing a small claims lawsuit as he claimed the engine was in perfect condition and never sprayed.... After some internet dectective skills I uncovered his sn and also his post that said he blew the engine and was going to sale it AFTER he removed the 15lb nitrous bottle in the spare time compartment.

So far...
2001 70k mile ls1 I picked up for an awesome price.
All new gaskets
Ls6 oil pump
Gm Factory headbolts
Clevite main bearings
Clevite rod bearings
Sealed power standard bore piston rings
Slp smooth Bellow
msd wires
tr555 plugs
torquer tv2
dual springs
hardened pushrods
ls6 intake
Home ported tb
ported maf
pacesetter lt's
tsp true duals
3" in x pipe
Ws6 store engraved ss shift ****
Ws6 store short stick
Bit viper shorty antenna
4liter designs decals
Ebay clear corners
Side sunoco Stripe
2 12" inch w3v1 subwoofers
1 1500 watt amp 2 channel
1 400 watt 4 channel amp
Vht red engine enamel

When I first picked up the car 2 months ago......Car only has 81k

The car on the war to Advanced Automotive for a diagnostic Due to CEL

Found out cylinder #7 was blown and the Owner tried to hide it as he sold the car. Also Found out the owner had a full nitrous kit on the car he lied about. The #7 cylinder piston has a hole through it and the block is cracked.

Picked up a 71k mile 2001 ls1 with a ls6 intake for 1000 dollars.

The block is already torn down and is ready to be hot tanked. And slightly honed and re-assembeled, Upon tear down the engine was in GREAT condition. It clearly has cross hatching still visible on the cylinder walls and the bearings show no signs of wear. My buddy previously from cbm will be building my entire engine from scratch and doing the valve job for 900 bucks flat as a favor ( He built engines at cbm for 8 years straight).

Just finishing up on new parts as I wait for the bearings to come to we can re-assemble...Still have the drillbit mod and the rear brakes to paint.. But i will not be doing the rear brakes until the engine is back in the car.