Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New motorhead from Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motorhead from Virginia

Hi everybody, A long time lurker turned honest member here...

LSx wise, I've got a slightly modded 07 Z06. It puts down 494rwhp and is the daily beater. The warranty's now up and it needs a few more ponies...

I've also got a LQ4 powered 07 2500HD work truck. It's got a substitute GM computer with an "87 octane" tune. It also has a CAI and Magnaflow muffler. At 7400lbs it's no rocket. It would love a Whipple...

Don't spread it around but I also own a Ford, well sort of. It's the "toy". It's a 1966 427 S/C Cobra replica. It's running a 650hp (482") all aluminum 427 Side Oiler. At 2400lbs acceleration is brisk.

As far as the Z06, I'm getting ready to do some more mods. The minimum will be heads, cam, fast 102 and a NW 102 throttle body. The car has 87K miles on it so after a leak-down test and a cylinder inspection once I pull the heads I'll make up my mind whether I want to forge the bottom end.

I've already done quite a bit of searching here on issues related to the Z06 mods and probably will be asking some questions along the way.

As far as me... I'm a highly trained back-yard mechanic. I've got an AAS in Automotive Technologies and a lot of skinned knuckles.

Again, great to be here!!

Quick Reply: New motorhead from Virginia