Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

hello!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello!

Hi there,

My name is Matt, and this post is a Thank you to building great cars.

I live in a small town called Bedford, Indiana..
Imports rule this town, I myself personally drive a jetta.
Current mods: Stage 2 Revo, 3 In downpipe, borla exhaust, 50mm turbo, and a 50 shot of nos, on my stock body jetta. I haven't upgraded internals as I have just recently been laid off work. My car is pushing easily 280-300 HP range, never been dyno'd.

Yesterday night I had a quiet, stock looking camaro pull up next to me, and I let him hear my anti-lag, thinking maybe I could get him to do a quick pull with me. Well, that pull was me getting walked over, he had a cut-out that he opened and I though I was going to have to go to the bathroom and rub one out. He never gave me a rev, but the idle shook my car. So here we go, I spool up to 3900 Rpms, building boost, I hear him break boost in, the light turns green, I smash my gas peddle, engaging my nitrous as it hit's the floor, and I hear the beautiful v8 scream, and to my surprise I hear a supercharger screaming as well. I'm fighting torque steer through third gear, and by the time I gain traction he was already 8-10 cars ahead of me. I lost sadly, the guy waved me over, and we agree'd to stop at a Denny's and chat. This fella was the most respectful person I've ever met. He told me that he got advice from this forum. Keep doing what you guys do, because I an ready for a car scene change.
Your friendly car enthusiast.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol hey... I dont hate on Imports! I like to learn about any cars/trucks out there My favorite are GM vehicles but Im thinking about starting a project on a Supra That is once I get my Trans Am done on its turbo setup. Welcome to the fourms!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. "rub one out" OMG that's funny!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 PM

^_^.

Well, me and Mr.Camaro met once again, this time, I was able to grip, but he still ended up ahead by 4 lengths. :/
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get used to it if you're gonna keep running LS powered vehicles and be glad it wasn't me you met up with! LOL 20 lengths would suck for ya.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM

Haha, I recently found another job, and took my car and had it dyno tuned, now i'm steady at 295 horses on 17 pounds of boost. Also purchased new tires, and the car hooks alot better now
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Welcome!

Quick Reply: hello!